Headway Shropshire Rehab Centre offers activities for people with an Acquired Brain Injury and it’s these activities that make a real difference to the quality of rehabilitation that we can offer. Volunteers play a vital role in helping us to provide the activities that our clients need, whether it’s artwork, games, reading or simply engaging in conversation.
Volunteering at Headway is fulfilling, rewarding and fun – you get to see the results of your work in the faces of the people you are helping.
We need more volunteers right now. Can you help?
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Are aged at least 18 because of the complex needs of our clients
- Can make a regular commitment to work in the Rehabilitation Centre between 10am and 3pm, on the same day each week, for at least three months
- Can work as part of a team
- Are sociable and positive
- Will respect disabled people’s identity, individuality and confidentiality
- Will abide by our policies and procedures
We can offer you:
- A unique and fulfilling volunteering experience
- - The opportunity to learn about Acquired Brain Injury
- - A friendly, welcoming and fun environment
- - Travel expenses up to £15.00 per week
To safeguard our clients, all volunteers are interviewed, complete an application form and provide two character references. If you would like to volunteer at Headway Shropshire please phone on 01743 365271(Monday-Friday 9.00am-4.30pm) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org